FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 18, 2021
Ann Marie Cumming
NAB Leadership Foundation Announces 2020 Broadcast Leadership Training Graduates
WASHINGTON, DC -- The NAB Leadership Foundation announced the 2020 Broadcast Leadership Training (BLT) class graduated this month following the completion of the executive MBA-style program. The BLT program teaches the fundamentals of purchasing, owning and operating radio and television stations to senior-level broadcast executives, particularly women and people of color, who aspire to advance as group executives or station owners.
Typically comprising ten in-person weekend sessions held in Washington, D.C., the program schedule and curriculum were altered to an online model and extended due to the pandemic.
“I am thrilled to see this class of talented broadcasters join the ranks of industry leaders who have grown from this program," said NAB Foundation President Michelle Duke. "The tenacity and resolve shown to adapt and continue in the toughest circumstances demonstrates their commitment to excellence and success. We look forward to watching as they achieve new career heights and positively impact the broadcast industry.”
"We are so pleased to have the talented BLT Class of 2020 finally join our graduates. Despite the challenge of the pandemic, many in the class were promoted and one of the graduates was able to buy her first radio station,” said Diane Sutter, BLT program founder and dean, and president, founder and CEO of ShootingStar Broadcasting. “We are immensely proud of how this class rose to the occasion and look forward to watching as they continue to grow their careers.”
With this class, 344 participants have graduated from the program. The 2020 Broadcast Leadership Training Class graduates are:
- Adam Chase, Vice President / General Manager, KXXV-TV/The E.W. Scripps Company
- Sue Diviney, Vice President, Finance, WTTG-TV Fox 5/WDCA-TV Fox 5 Plus
- Bob Ellis, Vice President / General Manager, WJXT-TV/The Local Station
- Kevin “Big Redd” Felder, Nationally syndicated radio host, "The Big Redd Radio Show"
- Kevin Ferrara, Director of Operations, Magis Media
- Tery Garras, Market Manager, KXLY Radio Group/Morgan Murphy Media
- Estevan Gonzales, Owner & General Manager, KSWV Radio
- Kristie Gonzales, President & General Manager, KVUE-TV/Tegna
- Jeff Holub, VP & General Manager, WHNS-TV FOX Carolina/Meredith Corporation
- Kathi Kolar, Owner & General Manager, KHBT, Open Roads Media LLC
- Jinny Laderer, Founder & President Emerita, vCreative
- Jaleigh Long, Vice President & Market Manager, Cox Media Group Atlanta Radio
- Josh Morgan, Vice President & General Manager, WREX-TV/Quincy Media, Inc.
- Brittney Quarles, General Sales Manager, Urban One
- Antonio Roman, Regional President, Eastern Region, Univision Communications
- Andrea Stahlman, News Director, WLKY-TV/Hearst Television
- A.J. Vaughan, Partner Success Manager, Futuri Media
- Melanie Webb, Vice President, Sales Operations, TEGNA
- Tregg White, Vice President / General Manager, KGUN-TV/The E.W. Scripps Company
This year’s program sponsors include Beasley Broadcast Group, Cox Media Group, Fox TV Stations, Futuri, Graham Media Group, Gray Television, Hearst Television, Legend Communications, Meredith, Morgan Murphy Media, NAB, Nielsen Foundation, Quincy Media, Scripps, TEGNA and Univision Communications.
About NAB Foundation
The National Association of Broadcasters Leadership Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the future of broadcasting through leadership, diversity and community service. Learn more at www.nabfoundation.org
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org
Updated: 5/20/2021, 10:08 a.m.